Providing Pain Management, Palliative
and Hospice Care in the East Bay
Dr. Carol Jessop is a specialist in Pain Management and Palliative Care Services located in Oakland, Ca. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine for 30 years, and Hospice and Palliative Care for 8 years.
Although her career has included teaching at UCSF from 1981-1987, and directing the Medical Hospitalist Service at Alta Bates Medical Center from 1990-2005, she is now focusing on Pain Management and Palliative Care in the East Bay. Her hope is to provide compassionate pain management, as well as another medical option for seniors and terminally ill patients who no longer want to spend their last days to months in a hospital.
Specific services include:
- Evaluation and management of difficult, chronic pain problems.
- Providing compassionate care to individuals with chronic illnesses who desire symptom management in their home or assisted living facilities.
- Offers urgent home visits for individuals who are imminently dying in their homes or other facilities.
- Provides support and information to patients (and their families) who are faced with frequent hospitalizations.
- Matching patient’s treatment with THEIR goals.
- Evaluation for and continuing care in local hospice agencies.
Please call to discuss consultations and financial arrangements
phone: (510) 547-5111
fax: (510) 547-1745
5349 College Avenue
Oakland, CA. 94618
click here for directions